Alternate Reality Game

Lo-Fi, Turn-based ARG inspired by cooperative board games
ARG stands for "Alternate Reality Game." If you're not into board games or ARG, this is entirely optional although we highly recommend that you give it a try to get the full Atadia experience.
ARG is playable on Discord (mainly), IRL, and somewhere in the metaverse
The ARG Bonus allocation is set to 10% of $ATA supply (combines with the "normal" staking allocation of 40% to get 50% for all NFT holders). How much each faction gets from this 10% allocation is linearly distributed based on the scores your faction earns
The ARG is turn-based, casual (as can be). In our ARG, the 4 factions have formed a resistance against the overwhelming power of Detha, Atadia's Supervillain. At the same time, each faction has their interests at heart. The factions have their own ideas as to how post-Detha Atadia should be - they are competing to amass enough resources to have a greater say in the coalition.
Explore Atadia and claim the treasures for your faction, because the other factions certainly have the same idea...

Objective

Each turn, the factions navigate Atadia while avoiding Detha's deadly, hidden traps.
The objective is to capture Detha's Avatars and claim loot along the way. As Detha controls his avatars with his mind, capturing his avatars weakens him for a direct confrontation in the future.
This is our Lo-Fi game board with faction pawns placed the tiles
The game will run until all of the treasure tiles are collected. Once all of them are taken, the map resets for a new game.

Actions

Factions can take 1 action per day on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for a total of 5 actions per week.
Actions are decided by majority vote that closes on the previous day at 7:59PM PST. The actions a faction can take are as follows:
  1. 1.
    Move to an adjacent, non-diagonal tile (unless you've unlocked new abilities).
  2. 2.
    Interact with the tile, activating its effect (for good or for worse).
  3. 3.
    Scout the tile to identify it without activating its effect.

Map and Tiles

The ARG takes place in a gridded map of Atadia with tiles that have unique effects. There are two types of tiles: unlimited and limited, referring to how many times their effects can activate upon interaction.
All the tiles are unmarked at first. Once activated, the tile is marked on the main map for other teams to see.
Tile Interaction Effects:
(UTILITY)
  1. 1.
    Resource: reveals information about adjacent side/corner tiles.
  2. 2.
    Oasis Vine: travel to a random Oasis Vine tile.
  3. 3.
    Hideout: reveals coordinates of nearest Detha Avatar.
(TREASURE) - effect activates once per game
  1. 1.
    Detha Avatar: capture Avatar and deal damage to Detha himself.
  2. 2.
    Basilisk Temple: earn 1 CryoStake credit.
  3. 3.
    Vault: receive 3 keys to unlock puzzles within.
Treasure tiles are first-come, first-served. If multiple factions interact with a limited tile at the same time, the effect activates for one faction chosen randomly.
(TRAP)
  1. 1.
    Mind Raid: faction cannot take action for two days.
  2. 2.
    EMP: faction cannot use Resource and Hideout tiles for the rest of the game.
As the lore of "The Lost City of Atadia" progresses, there may be special events that interact with the ARG. Be prepared!