Alternate Reality Game
Lo-Fi, Turn-based ARG inspired by cooperative board games
The ARG is turn-based, casual (as can be). In our ARG, the 4 factions have formed a resistance against the overwhelming power of Detha, Atadia's Supervillain. At the same time, each faction has their interests at heart. The factions have their own ideas as to how post-Detha Atadia should be - they are competing to amass enough resources to have a greater say in the coalition.
Explore Atadia and claim the treasures for your faction, because the other factions certainly have the same idea...
Each turn, the factions navigate Atadia while avoiding Detha's deadly, hidden traps.
The objective is to capture Detha's Avatars and claim loot along the way. As Detha controls his avatars with his mind, capturing his avatars weakens him for a direct confrontation in the future.
This is our Lo-Fi game board with faction pawns placed the tiles
Factions can take 1 action per day on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for a total of 5 actions per week.
Actions are decided by majority vote that closes on the previous day at 7:59PM PST. The actions a faction can take are as follows:
- 1.Move to an adjacent, non-diagonal tile (unless you've unlocked new abilities).
- 2.Interact with the tile, activating its effect (for good or for worse).
- 3.Scout the tile to identify it without activating its effect.
The ARG takes place in a gridded map of Atadia with tiles that have unique effects. There are two types of tiles: unlimited and limited, referring to how many times their effects can activate upon interaction.
All the tiles are unmarked at first. Once activated, the tile is marked on the main map for other teams to see.
Tile Interaction Effects:
- 1.Resource: reveals information about adjacent side/corner tiles.
- 2.Oasis Vine: travel to a random Oasis Vine tile.
- 3.Hideout: reveals coordinates of nearest Detha Avatar.
(TREASURE) - effect activates once per game
- 1.Detha Avatar: capture Avatar and deal damage to Detha himself.
- 2.Basilisk Temple: earn 1 CryoStake credit.
- 3.Vault: receive 3 keys to unlock puzzles within.
Treasure tiles are first-come, first-served. If multiple factions interact with a limited tile at the same time, the effect activates for one faction chosen randomly.
- 1.Mind Raid: faction cannot take action for two days.
- 2.EMP: faction cannot use Resource and Hideout tiles for the rest of the game.
As the lore of "The Lost City of Atadia" progresses, there may be special events that interact with the ARG. Be prepared!